Steven (Up Front)
1.) Statistical Stuff
- Band up front
- Birthday november 22nd. I need a car. (Me too - Stefan)
- Sign of the zodiac
- Place of birth
ha ha ha.
- Residence just moved to los angeles
colour? are you british?
- Colour of hair
- Brothers or sisters
no thanks, I already
why must you mock me?
no pets allowed in my building
2.) Favourite Stuff
- movie magnolia
/ blue velvet / taxi driver
- book ham on
- animal doggie
- author buk
- food tasty vegetarian food from fancy-ass vegetarian restaurants, falaffel, french toast.
- drink I was
all about citra but then I moved out west and now I can't find it. they have
squirt out here, and that's all right too.
simpsons, late show, west wing, the daily show
- actor / actress
conrad bain / the olsen twins
- number 4,659
- artist this
little known artist whose work I saw in a small museum in ghent, belgium.
unfortunately I forget his name. kinda david lynch meets the brothers quay.
actually I also like a lot of david lynch's art.
- flower don't
really have one.
- fragrance skin
- best record ever
ok computer, relationship of command, killers, new wind
- stuffed animal
I ain't no sissy.
- band radiohead,
at the drive-in, dead 50s (at the moment anyway)
- label why,
smorgasbord of course.
- song let down,
nice dream, enfilade, all e all (at the moment anyway)
- country the
united states of kiss my ass
- straight edge band / song bold "wise up"
3.) Various Stuff
- Hobbies I don't really have a hobby. I write but that's not a hobby.
- First and last record you bought
don't remember the first. last one was pulp's "different class"
because my friend michele never returned the one she borrowed from me.
- Idol of your childhood / teenage years / nowadays
greg nettles / tom savini / pt anderson
- As a child what did you wanna be when you’re grown
as a child, a magician. as a teenager a filmmaker.
- Favourite toy when you were a child
rock 'em sock 'em boxing
- Name any 3 persons (alive/dead) that you’d love to meet david lynch, buk, you
- Do you consider yourself a spiritual person?
- If you were sent to a deserted Island and you’d only be allowed to take three things (anything, food/water is provided!!!) with you, what would they be? I hate this question (Me too - Stefan)
4.) Personal Stuff
- Your first kiss: When and with whom? fourth grade, jennifer dallas. I got herpes
- Your first time: When and with whom? 1989 (I think). cindy kasmire. I got crabs. (Hey Steven, seems you had some really great first experiences... - Stefan)
- What do you like in particular about yourself? I'm a grown-up but I'm not "grown up".
- What don’t you like about yourself?
I can't get chicks.
- Where would you like to live?
- Do you like tattoos / piercings? Do you have
I like 'em on certain people, but not on me.
- First and last hc-show ever? I think agnostic front at the ritz, new york. '87 I guess. if I remember correctly they played with gbh. ignite's playing tonight, I might go.
- If a fairy granted you the choice between Sporty
Spice and Britney Spears to be all yours, whom would you take?
britney. baby spice is my favorite spice, but I'd still take britney.
5.) Musical Stuff
- How did you get involved with music / sXe ?
some guy was selling it on the corner.
- Which instruments do you play?
- Who gave life to Up Front? I guess jon, jeff and I are all equally to blame for that.
- When was Up Front's first show? late 1986 or early '87. I have a bad memory. ooh, you could get all that info at our website I suppose you lazy fucker (well, you know, I like it when you're telling it, hehe - Stefan)
- Who writes the lyrics and music in Up Front? these days jon writes pretty much all the music, but way back when jeff wrote some too. and on our last two recordings I wrote the lyrics but way back "in the day" as they say, jon and jeff wrote lyrics as well.
ugh. check the website.
- Who else is in Up Front?
jordan knight, donnie wahlberg, joey mcintyre, and the muscle head guy (I can
never remember that guy's name)
- What was the best and worst show you've ever played? the best show might have been??? germany last year. I only measure the quality of a show by the response of the crowd and those fucking kids made that show unforgettable. worst show for me was probably bochum, germany in 1994 because I was real sick and the crowd wasn't helping me out at all. there are plenty of other bad shows, but that one sticks out in my head.
- Is there anything you like in particular about being on stage? yeah, I'm real shy and don't like being the center of attention at all. like, AT ALL. but being on stage with the band, I've never really been able to figure it out but for some reason I feel perfectly comfortable singing or just talking to the crowd. it gets even better if people are participating - singing along and jumping on me and all that. that's what makes it for me. also I like knowing that Tim is staring at my ass.
- Anything you hate?
well like I said I hate it when there's no crowd participation. I feel very
awkward, like I just crapped my pants in church. also I hate after a show when
no cute girls talk to me, which is every single up front show to date.
seriously, I thought being in a band would make girls think I was cool.
- What are Up Fronts plans for the future? Releases?
your guess is as good as ours. and that's not really even an exaggeration.
- In case you can think of a good closing statement
feel free to tell the world:
jeez, that's a lot of pressure.