1.) Statistic Stuff
- Name: Michael John Vogelsang
- Nickname: Popeye
- Band / label / zine: Farside (vocals, guitar)
- Birthday: November 28, 1970
- Sign of the zodiac: Sagittarius
- Place of birth: Columbus, Ohio
- Occupation: Magazine Editor
- Residence: West Hollywood, California
- Shoesize: 11
- Colour of eyes: Brown
- Colour of hair: Brown, but I dye it blue-black
- Brothers or sisters: 1 of each, both older than me.
- Girlfriend: FiancÚ
- Pets: 2 cats
2.) Favourite Stuff
- movie: This Is Spinal Tap, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Arc, Repo Man, Bottle Rocket.
- book: American Tabloid by James Ellroy
- animal: Dog
- author: James Ellroy
- food: Pizza
- drink: Coffee
- t.v.show: The Simpsons, Ed, The West Wing, Friends, MST3K
- brand: ?
- actor / actress: Tom Hanks
- number: 5
- artist: Vincent van Gogh
- flower: Rose
- fragrance: Cashmere by Donna Karan (for women)
- best record ever: The Very Best of Elvis Costello
- stuffed animal: Panther
- band: Bad Brains, Descendents, 7 Seconds, The Clash, The Jam, Elvis Costello
- label: Revelation
- song: Hope (Descendents)
- country: England
- straight edge band / song: 7 Seconds - Walk Together, Rock Together
3.) Various Stuff
- First and last record you bought : First: Sex Pistols, "Never Mind the
Bullocks..." Last: Gigolo Aunts, "Minor Chords & Major Themes"
- Idol of your childhood / teenage years / nowadays: Childhood: Peter Criss (Kiss). Teenage: Milo Aukerman (Descendents). Now: Elvis Costello.
- As a child what did you want to be when you're grown up? A Rock Star
- Favourite toy when you were a child: Anything that involved cars or guns.
- Name any 3 persons (alive/dead) that you'd love to meet: Elvis Costello, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Evel Knievel
- Do you consider yourself a spiritual person ? No.
- If you were sent to a deserted Island and you'd only be allowed to take three things (anything, food/water is provided!!!) with you, what would they be? My fiance, my guitar, eyeglasses.
4.) Personal Stuff
- Your first kiss: When and with whom? It was 1980, I was 10 years old, and she was my girlfriend at the time. I was her first boyfriend, and when she grew up she became a lesbian (No joke.)
- Your first time: When and with whom? It was 1990, I was 20 years old, and she was my girlfriend at the time. It lasted about 2 minutes.
- What do you like in particular about yourself? I honestly don't care what anyone thinks about me.
- What don't you like about yourself? I'm a procrastinator.
- Where would you like to live? The Isle of Man.
- Do you like tattoos / piercings? Do you have any? 2 piercings (my ears).
- First and last HC-show ever? First: A bunch of local bands in 1985. I was 14 years old and the only band I remember is one called Animosity. Last: Samiam
- If a fairy granted you the choice between Sporty Spice and Britney Spears to be all yours, whom would you take? I would rather let them fight each other and I would run off with my fiance.
5.) Musical Stuff
- How did you get involved with music / sXe? My older brother got me into punk rock when I was 10 years old. I learned how to play guitar from him.
- Which instruments do you play? Guitar, bass, drums, and a little piano and harmonica.
- Who gave life to Farside? When was their first show? We all "gave life" to the band together. Our first show was in 1990.
- Who writes the lyrics and music in Farside? Myself and Kevin Murphy.
- Releases? "Keep My Soul Awake" 7"; "Rochambeau" 12"; "Rigged" 12"; "Scrap" 12"; "Self-Titled" 7"; "The Monroe Doctrine" 12".
- Who else is in Farside? Kevin - guitar, vocals; Bob - drums; Rosey - bass.
- What was the best and worst show you've ever played: Opening for Smash Mouth (we never imagined playing in front of that many people.) Worst show: Tallahassee, Florida. Two people came and we were paid $6.
- Is there anything you like in particular about being on stage? I forget all of my problems.
- Anything you hate about being on stage? I get tired.
- What are the bands plans for the future? We're working on new songs and we're planning on eventually recording a new record and begin touring full time.
- In case you can think of a good closing statement feel free to tell the world. Nothing comes to mind. Sorry!