Vique Martin (Revelation Records)
1.) Statistic Stuff
- Name: Vique Martin
- Nickname: None
- Band / label / zine: I work at Revelation Records and I do Simba zine / records label
- Birthday: 27th of July
- Sign of the zodiac: LEO
- Place of birth: Brighton, England
- Occupation: Foreign sales manager and publicity at Revelation
- Residence: Southern California
- Shoesize: 7
- Colour of eyes: Brown
- Colour of hair: Green
- Brothers or sisters: One sister, 25 years old. One 1/2 brother aged 40 and one 1/2 sister, aged 39.
- Girlfriend: EH? Do you mean boyfriend? Nope.
- Pets: None
2.) Favourites Stuff
- Movie: Hard questions. Some favourites:
Scenes from a Marriage, 42up, Dancer in the Dark, Secrets and Lies, Career Girls, Unbearable Lightness of Being, Frankie and Johnny, Nightmare before Christmas, The Lion King, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Born Free, The Godfather, Good Fellas.
- book: Again, impossible to say one, some favourites:
The Underdog by Charles Mingus, Blackwater by Kirsten Ekman, all the Harry Potter books by JK Rowlings, Simon's Family by Marianne Fredrickson, Light by Torgny Lindgren, all the Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren, The Whole Woman by Germaine Greer, Right Wing Women by Andrea Dworkin, Motherless Daughters by Hope Edelman, + lots lots more.
- animal: Lion
- author: Kirsten Ekman
- food: Vegan meat on a stick
- drink: Smoothies
- t.v.show: The West Wing, Friends, Emergeny Room, Ally McBeal, Dawson's Creek, Felicity.
- brand: ???
- actor / actress: George Clooney
- number: 5
- artist: Miro
- flower: Sunflowers and daisies
- fragrance: Boys
- best record ever: Joni Mitchell - Blue
- stuffed animal: Bob my bear and Bagpuss my cuddly cat.
- band: The Hated
- label: Simba!
- song: "My old man" by Joni Mitchell
- country: England
- straight edge band / song: Chain of Strength - True til death
3.) Various Stuff
- First and last record you bought : Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder - Ebony and Ivory was the first. The new Shaggy CD was the last.
- Idol of your childhood / teenage years / nowadays: Childhood - no memory. Teenage years - a mixture of a few different feminists. Now - Joni Mitchell.
- As a child what did you want to be when you're grown up? A schoolteacher.
- Favourite toy when you were a child: Leme - my teddy.
- Name any 3 persons (alive/dead) that you'd love to meet : Joni Mitchell, Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro.
- Do you consider yourself a spiritual person ? Yes.
- If you were sent to a deserted Island and you'd only be allowed to take three things (anything, food/water is provided!!!) with you, what would they be? CDs and something to play them on. Books. Company.
4.) Personal Stuff
- Your first kiss: When and with whom? Oliver Newton on the floor in my friend Sophie's house. I was 15.
- Your first time: When and with whom? With Toby Gilling (my first love) on the floor in his bedroom. I was 16.
- What do you like in particular about yourself? My intelligence.
- What don't you like about yourself? My stubbornness.
- Where would you like to live? New York.
- Do you like tattoos / piercings? Do you have any? I have 10 tattoos (including a sleeve).
- First and last HC-show ever? Firehose, summer of 1989 was the first. International Noise Conspiracy was the last.
- If a fairy granted you the choice between Sporty Spice and Britney Spears to be all yours, whom would you take? This thing is set up for boys and it sucks. I'd take Sporty over Britney though.
- How did you get involved with music / sXe? I heard it and I liked it...